Joomlatools Support Center

How to upgrade from 2.0.3. to 3.1.2

Hi,

I want to upgrade from Docman 2.0.3 to 3.1.2

I run a Joomla 3.8.1 and my docman is not working. I'm getting the following entries in my error.log file, which I understand that is due to my version of Docman being not suitable for my version of Joomla.

===
[21-Oct-2017 12:40:23 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/isatapsy/public_html/administrator/components/com_docman/model/abstract.php on line 365 [21-Oct-2017 12:40:45 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/isatapsy/public_html/templates/j51_ashley/php/styles.php on line 137 [21-Oct-2017 12:41:00 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/isatapsy/public_html/templates/j51_ashley/php/styles.php on line 137

===

I see in your upgrade instructions how to upgrade from:

DOCman 1.x to DOCman 2.1
DOCman 2.0 to DOCman 2.1
DOCman 2.1 to DOCman 3
DOCman 3.0 to DOCman 3.1

Does this mean that I cannot upgrade directly from 2.0.3 to 3.1.2, and that I have to run all those intermediate upgrades inbetween?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Juan

Answer

Posted 2 years ago by Rael Canasa Staff

Hello Juan,

Yes, you will need to do the respective upgrades in between. It is important to upgrade step by step because of compatibility. As there are changes in new versions, there are also corresponding changes in the migration scripts.

I hope this clarifies things.

Cheers!
Ra'el

There are 4 more comments in this ticket.
Subscribe or login to join the discussion!

JUAN JOSÉ ASCANIO AMIGÓ
Answered

System Information