Joomlatools Support Center

Docman Search drawer Displays open but should be Closed

I have a Docman search drawer that displays open on the very first page. As a user navigates, in all the other pages (subdirectories of the main one) the search box displays closed.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to diosplay it closed on that first page.

I have attached two images, one of the top level directory where the search drawer is Open when the page loads, and one of one of the subfolders where the search drawer is closed .

I am not sure how this forum works, but it should be easy to see the difference.

I would like for the search box to remain closed unless a user clicks on it, but also I would like to know how to control the behavior, in case I need it open or closed in the future.

At the moment, I have no idea how to control that (aside from starting to mess with core files, which I am not going to do).

Thank you.

Answer

Posted 2 years ago by Arunas Mazeika Staff

Hello Donna,

You'll find that the search dropdown UI is in open state when there's no filtering inside. As soon as you browse a category there's a filter applied and thus the UI is in a closed state so that the user sees what he's really interested on: the documents and categories.

There's no setting for changing this behavior. It could perhaps be done with a template override but this would require very good JS skills.

I hope this helps.

Subscribe or login to join the discussion!

Donna Rush
Answered

System Information

n/a
n/a