Joomlatools Support Center

Documents icons

Hi. In the new DOCman version 2.0.0.

Why have you made it so complicated to change the file icons, e.g. category icon and file/document icons?

I know I can just upload a custom icon and select that icon to the documents, but that's not really what I want.

DOCman has a feature to automaticly select some icons depending on the filetype, etc. if the file type is .pdf it displays a pdf icon and if it is a word or other .doc file type it displays a document icon.

And what I want is to edit these automatic icons to a custom image-icon. How can I do that in a proper way?

if I remember correct, for the previous version 2.0.0RC3 version, they were located in

.../media/com_docman/images

Where I had changed image icons to some better looking and more relevant icons.

Now it looks like you changed them from being image icons to being font icons located in the css file:

../media/com_docman/css/site.css

where for example the pdf icon is displayed with the css :

content:"\e608"

Now this isn't that bad in itself, since you can just replace it with e.g. this css:

content: url("./../images/pdf_icon.png");

Which changes the icon to your pdf.png image, but the image does not auto scale to the icon size like it does when uploading and selecting a custom icon.

And the most disturbing part is that it seems you guys don't want us to edit this file?
Cause it is all one big chunk of code with no line breaks, making it very hard to navigate in and customize finding the css strings you want to edit.

You kinda got the feeling, that you were looking at an encrypted code at the first expression.

Have to say I did like the old icon-system a lot more than this new one. It was easy to work with and customize to your needs.

Answer

Posted 5 years ago by Johan Janssens Staff

Hi Simun, we published a blog about this today and added a developer the tutorial how to are developer site how to override the icon fonts : extensions/docman/custom_icons.html

If you have any questions about this please let us know.

There are 17 more comments in this ticket.
Subscribe or login to join the discussion!

Símun Hammer
Answered

System Information

n/a
n/a
n/a