Joomlatools Support Center

Show a message only for non-registered users

Hi!

I would like to display a message for unregistered users/guests, that there are protected files available for download after registration. This message has to be visible for unregistered users only.

How to do that?

My first idea was, simply to make two different categories (one visible for guests only, containing the text, one visible for registered users only, containing the file-entries). But a category set to "public" is visible for registered users also.. So my second question is how to make a category visible ONLY for guests/public, but not for registered users.

Regards, Bernd

Answer

Posted 7 years ago by Johan Janssens Staff

Hi Bernd, is not possible to show a category only for public users. The Joomla permissions system doesn't allow for this.

The best way to do this would be to use a module in combination with the Advanced Module Manager which allows you to make modules visible for only public users for example. 

Another option is to write a custom module yourself, or create a special DOCman theme that can show the message only for public users. Both require knowledge of Joomla and PHP development.

There are 6 more comments in this ticket.
Subscribe or login to join the discussion!

Bernd Günter
Answered

System Information

n/a
n/a
n/a
n/a